5 Summer Recipes With 5 Ingredients
Summer is for taking time to relax and enjoy the weather. How can you do that when you still have to cook a decent meal every night? We searched far and wide for some quick recipes with a limited amount of ingredients. These recipes will take less time to prep and give you more time to enjoy the company of your friends and family.
Fresh Mozzarella, Heirloom Tomato, and Basil Pizza
- Refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Fresh basil leaves
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Heirloom tomatoes
Prep Time: 5-8 Minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Store made dough, sweet heirloom tomatoes, and chewy-melted mozzarella are the easiest ingredients for a classic pizza.
Tender Chicken with Miso, Ginger, and Carrots
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 28 ounces)
- 16 large garlic cloves, peeled and divided
- 1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger
- 6 large carrots with tops, trimmed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons white miso
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
The chicken is succulent and the flavor is delicious. You have very little prep time for this meal – now you can hand over the responsibilities to the oven and enjoy a nice drink.
Sizzling Skirt Steak with Asparagus and Red Pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak, halved crosswise
- 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce, divided
- 2 medium red onions, divided
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
We know this one has 6 ingredients, but we believe its worth it for the taste the red onions bring to the dish. The cooking time is short so this dish is ideal for a quick fix. The ingredients for this dish really tenderize the meat with lots of flavor. It is recommended to use a large sauté pan so the steak has room to caramelize.
Simple Shrimp Scampi
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Lemon wedges, optional
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-8 Minutes
This is a quick compliment to a main course or you can make it a main course if you decide to add some jasmine rice or garlic bread. Quick to prep and quick to cook. We recommend ecologic rated Shrimp!
Breaded Baked Tilapia Recipe
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
This may only have 5 ingredients but it packs a punch with flavor. The easy crumb coating is easy to prep and only needs to be baked for 8-10 minutes. It is recommended to also try it on cod.