5 Quick Recipes for Social Eating
When you have guests over it’s a time to enjoy some great food and being social with even greater company. We find that finger foods – or more commonly known tapas – are the best for social eating.
Yet what you end up doing is spending most of the time in the kitchen preparing the food and drinks for guests. These dishes we are talking about today are for prepping early, keeping cool in the refrigerator until ready, easy to make tapas dishes. Less time in the kitchen equals more time for social eating.
Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs
#fingerfoods #vegetarian Spicey Avocado Deviled Eggs. Filling = avocado. Vinegar . jalapeño pepper. Onion. Red bell pepper. Jalapeño powder. Salt. Garlic. #vegenaise & egg topped with paprika . flax seed & #fresh parsley from the #garden #foodie #yum #foodporn #avocado #eatcleam #healthy #getfit #eatclean #mpls #minneapolis #homecook #chef #cook #deviledeggs
A post shared by Catiesha pierson (@mplsvege.teable) on
Deviled eggs alone are a pretty delicious finger food. When you add the ingredients of avocado and a spicy twist then why the heck not! What are other types of deviled eggs you have tried or made?
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
3 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped, divided
2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 clove garlic, crushed1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
sea salt to taste
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
1 dash hot sauce, or to taste (optional)
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 Minutes
1. Scoop egg yolks into a bowl; add avocado, 2/3 of chopped turkey bacon, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mash egg yolk mixture until filling is evenly combined.
2. Spoon filling into a piping bag or plastic bag with a snipped corner. Pipe filling into each egg white; top with a turkey bacon piece, jalapeno slice, and dash hot sauce.
Cucumber-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
This is a wonderful appetizer that you can make ahead. I often triple the recipe because they disappear fast. —Christi Martin, Elko, Nevada Cucumber-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Recipe from Taste of Home TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. MAKES: 24 servings Ingredients 24 cherry tomatoes 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened 2 tablespoons mayonnaise 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill Directions 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. 2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; stir in the cucumber, onion and dill. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen. #cucumber #recipe #apps #partyfood #potluck #summer #summertime #yum #fresh #gardenfresh #fingerfood #appetizer
A post shared by Taste of Home (@tasteofhome) on
Cherry tomatoes are already very delicious on their own, but this recipe calls for them to be stuffed with a yummy cream cheese & cucumber filling. It’s something you can prepare and make way ahead of your guests arriving. It’s recommended to double or even triple the recipe depending on how many guests you have – they go very quickly because they are so delicious.
Prep time: 25 minutes
24 cherry tomatoes
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 table spoons mayonnaise
¼ cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; stir in the cucumber, onion and dill. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Spicy Shrimp Cocktail
Shrimp cocktails are a classic for dinner appetizers or just a great finger food. This is another dish for prepping early and keeping chilled in the fridge. You can even plate them before hand to nail that presentation beautifully.
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 20 Minutes
Shrimp – (amount depends on how many guests)
1 Cucumbers – Sliced thin (Same amount as Shrimp)
2 Lemons – Cut in half
4 Teaspoons Horse radish
1 Cup Ketchup
2 Teaspoons Sriracha Sauce
1. Take your shrimp and boil them until they are plump and have that warmer red color/
2. After they have been cooked peel and de-vein the shrimp.
3. Cocktail sauce is just horseradish and ketchup together. Both equal parts and quanity depends on the amount of guests being served.
4. Add 2 teaspoons of Sriracha Sauce to the cock tail sauce for the spicy kick.
Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
This is a classic Italian appetizer and it is a perfect way to capture the fresh flavor of summer ingredients. If you are privelged with a garden you can always use fresh tomatoes, basil and garlic if possible. Use a plum tomato if possible because they have thicker flesh, less seeds and less juice than regular tomatoes. To get your guests involved serve with bread on a plate and tomato spread in a bowl so they can make the bruschetta themselves.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
6-8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced* or chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more or less to taste
1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
1. Blanch and peel the tomatoes.
2. Cut them into halves or quarters and squeeze out most of the juices and seeds.
3. Preheat oven 450F (230C)
4. Chop tomatoes, toss them with chopped garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Toast Baguette slices for 5 – 6 minutes with olive oil brushed on both sides. This will keep the slices from getting soggy from tomato juice.
Salmon Mousse on Cucumbers
Though they are pictured on white bread these can be made served over fresh sliced Cucumbers. You can use crackers, pita bread or bagel chips for a alternatives. The possibilities are endless.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces smoked salmon
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a food processor combine the first four ingredients listed and blend until smooth. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon cayenne to start. Taste and add more cayenne, salt or pepper as needed.
2. Serve cold over fresh bread. It can be toasted for added enjoyment.
If you want to share some of your own personal recipes send us an email: email@example.com